Lewis Bald was an illustrator of French spanking stories.
In 1910, Lewis Bald illustrated Les Cinq fessées de Suzette by James Lovebirch. The illustrations for James Lovebirch’s L’Avatar de Lucette (1913) are also signed “Lewis Bald”. However, according to curiosa researcher Thanalie, they are significantly different in style from those in Les Cinq fessées de Suzette. They were possibly done by the artist M. del Giglio. 1921 is the date of a second edition that includes illustrations by Georges Topfer, the first has been published in 1913.
The 1910 edition of Les Mystères du harem by Henri Gaultier de Saint-Amand, illustrated by Georges Topfer, contains an illustration clearly by a different artist, which might be Lewis Bald.
Between 1909 and 1910 he illustrated various works for Aimé van Rod, such as:
- Le Fouet dominateur (1909)
- Les Mystères du fouet (1909)
- Les Vierges fouettées (1909)
- La Villa des bouleaux (1909)
- L’École du fouet (1910)
- La Fascination du fouet (1910)
- Le Fouetteur invisible (1910)
- Le Roi fouetteur (1910)
- Visites fantastiques au pays du fouet (1910)